2020 Halifax Information
10th Annual Conference (May 21-23, 2020)
- Registration: TBA
- Symposium & Oral Submission Deadline: EXTENDED: February 28, 2020 (5pm EST)
- Poster Submission Deadline: February 28, 2020 (5pm EST)
- Student Travel Award Application: February 28, 2020 (5pm EST)
- Poster Award Submission Deadline: TBA
- Sponsorship & Exhibitor Deadline: April 15, 2020
Message from the President and Conference Chairs
Disseminating information about the latest advances in CBT to clinicians and the public is an important step in ensuring that individuals receive the best possible care for mental health problems. Our 10th annual conference of the CACBT- ACTCC, entitled “CBT Knowledge and Dissemination,” will highlight the important role of dissemination. The three-day conference will begin with a full-day preconvention workshop on May 21 on psychological and neurobiological mechanisms of exposure-based therapy, including recent advances in inhibitory learning theory, presented by Dr. David Tolin. Dr. Tolin is a world-renowned expert on CBT for anxiety and related disorders and President-Elect of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
On May 22nd and 23rd we will host two days of half-day workshops, symposia, and posters submitted by the membership. Two keynotes will be presented by Canadian experts, Dr. Christine Chambers and Dr. David A. Clark. What a great opportunity to present and network with colleagues interested in the most recent updates in the field!
The conference will be held on Dalhousie University Campus which is a short walk to downtown and the Halifax waterfront. Discover the blend of the historic and modern port city of Halifax when you walk along the Halifax waterfront starting at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 – the entry into Canada for over one million immigrants – and then explore shops and galleries, and some of the city’s best restaurants. We welcome you! If you have any questions or wish to submit abstracts and/or register, please see information that follows.
REGISTRATION & RATES
* Early Bird Deadline | Date limited de préinsription: April 21, 2020 at 11:59pm EST *
- Dr. David Tolin (Pre-Conference Workshop Speaker) - Face Your Fears: Conducting Good Exposure Therapy Across Diagnoses
- Dr. Christine Chambers (Conference Keynote Speaker) - From Evidence to Influence: Moving Psychological Research into Practice
- Dr. David A. Clark (Conference Keynote Speaker) - Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts and the Mental Control Paradox: Treatment Implications for Worry, Rumination and Obsessions
- Dr. David A. Clark – New developments in CBT for obsessions and compulsions.
- Drs. Keith S. Dobson, Andrea Ashbaugh, and Jacquie Cohen - Training in cognitive- behavioural therapy: Development and implementation of national guidelines.
- Drs. Kyrsten M. Grimes and Konstantine K. Zakzanis – Why is CBTp effective? Using theory to guide clinical practice.
- Drs. Heather Hood and Allison J. Ouimet – Effectively integrating validation skills in CBT across clinical presentations.
- Dr. Randy Paterson - Behavioural activation and goal-setting in psychotherapy: 12 essential strategies to enhance effectiveness.
More speakers to come!
STUDENT TRAVEL AWARDS
Attention students and supervisors! We're pleased to announce that CACBT will be awarding two $500 Student Travel Awards for student members attending the 2020 conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Full-time students from health-related disciplines who submit a poster or symposium talk for presentation at the conference will be eligible to apply. The deadline for applications is February 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST.
For more information:
CALL FOR CONFERENCE SUBMISSIONS - OPEN
CACBT-ACTCC is now accepting submissions for symposia, papers and posters (focusing either on research or clinical work) for our upcoming conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Symposium and Oral Submissions are due Friday, January 31, 2020 by 5:00 pm EST.
Posters are due Friday February 28, 2020 by 5:00 pm EST.
- Call for Conference Submissions
- Poster Information and Poster Sizes - Board Sizes 4x4
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Room blocks have been reserved at a preferred conference rate and exclusively for CACBT-ACTCC attendees at the Lord Nelson, Hotel & Suites. Rooms may be reserved at the preferred rate until April 20, 2020 based on room block availability.
If you require further assistance or prefer to reserve your room directly with a member of The Lord Nelson, Hotel & Suites, please contact their reservations department directly at 1-800-565-2020, (902) 423-5130, or by email at email@example.com
TRANSPORTATION - AIR CANADA & WEST JET DISCOUNTS
We are happy to confirm that for the upcoming CACBT-ACTCC Conference in Halifax 2020, the following Airlines have provided discounted air fares to attend the Conference (travel from: May 14, 2020 to May 30, 2020):
- Go to aircanada.com
- Enter promotion code into the search panel
- Promotion Code: K3RZN371
- Go to www.westjet.com/conventions
- Enter promotion code into the search panel
- Coupon Code: R48JX11
- Travel Agent GDS only Promo Code: WJC72
For information regarding exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Dr. Noah Lazar.
Sponsorship & Exhibitor Deadline: TBD
• View Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities