Membership Benefits Overview
Membership with CACBT-ACTCC involves many significant benefits which include:
- access to our list serve where you can post and learn about relevant practice, training, and research opportunities for CBT practitioners and confer with other members throughout Canada and the world
- receive priority registration for webinar series’ commissioned by CACBT on topics relevant to CBT practice in Canada
- enjoy our bi-annual CACBT newsletter
- be eligible to apply for certification in CBT through CACBT
- if certification status is achieved, be featured on our “Find a Certified Therapist” directory
- enjoy deeply discounted registration rates for the annual CACBT-ACTCC conference and conferences of partner organizations
- join a network of skilled and collegial mental health professionals interested in CBT and its practice
- ability to list a workshop facilitated by a CACBT member on the CACBT CBT Training webpage and circulate via List serve
- ability to develop and strengthen your leadership skills by running for a seat on the CACBT Board of Directors or joining a CACBT Committee (e.g. Membership, Communications & Advocacy, Certification Task Force)
- members are entitled to a 15% discount on all future trainings offered through Sick Kids Community Centre for Community Mental Health Learning Institute (CCMH Learning Institute).
In addition, our Student members enjoy a wide range of benefits that are advantageous in the formative stage of their development as CBT practitioners. These include:
- student-specific events at the annual CACBT conference, such as a student symposium (an excellent way to build your CV)
- opportunities for further involvement with CACBT through volunteer work (e.g. serve on the board as a Student Affiliate Representative)
- opportunities for networking with other students and professionals
- access to information regarding training, research, and employment opportunities in CBT through our website and list serve
- significantly discounted registration fees for the annual CACBT conference
- eligibility for student-specific awards presented at the annual CACBT conference (e.g. a student travel award in addition to the Jack Rachman Best Research Poster, the Keith Dobson Best Clinical Poster Awards, an award for students who are indigenous, black or a person of colour
We also invite you to view this Members Video – which reflects the benefits our CACBT members have been able to enjoy.
Our membership benefits continue to grow! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Members can log-in for further information on membership benefits.